The President of the Republic of Liberia, His Excellency, Dr. George Manneh Weah will on April 11, 2022, will chair the Pro-Poor Agenda for Prosperity and Development (PAPD) National Steering Committee Meeting at the Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Ministerial Complex in Congo town, Tubman Boulevard. The meeting will be attended by Development Partners, Pillar Leads & Sector Heads of Government Ministries and Agencies and Civil Society Organizations.
The National Steering Committee is the highest decision-making body for the National Development Plan (PAPD) Governance Structure. The Government and her Development Partners will take a stock of summary progress of the four Pillar of the PAPD across various sectors. This will be followed by discussions to explore opportunities for enhanced achievements and critical decision-making on solutions to key national issues in terms of a way forward.
Key objectives of the meeting will included but not limited to:
1. Provide update on the implementation of the PAPD and take stock on achievements of Key National Indicators.
2. Provide policy direction and reprogram resources for priority programs for the remaining lifespan of the PAPD.
3. Further reinforce the PAPD Governance Mechanism for the Coordination, Monitoring, and Reporting of the PAPD, SDGs and Agenda 2063; this will support the work of the Steering Committee and Pillar Champions.
4. To launch and announce Liberia’s preparedness to initiate the conduct of the SDGs Voluntary National Review (VNR) for 2022.
5. To also ensure program alignment with the Key National Indicators and high-level targets of the PAPD.
The Ministry of Finance and Development Planning under leadership of Minister Samuel D. Tweah Jr, will serve as the Secretariat for the session.